8 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE AN SPC FLOOR OR WALL
Are you thinking of installing a new wall in your bathroom or could your bedroom floor do with a makeover? SPC boards are a great solution! SP-what? SPC stands for Stone Polymer Composite, or SPC for short. It is a durable and stable board that performs much better than many other materials, especially in a warm and damp environment. It is made up of limestone and PVC, often with a vinyl surface. Some of the advantages of SPC include its cost-effectiveness and waterproof properties. Discover 8 practical reasons why SPC is becoming increasingly popular and is therefore the ideal solution for you too.
1. Stability of SPCSPC boards have an exceptionally good dimensional stability. The rigid core makes them impact- and impression-resistant, and suitable to be installed anywhere indoors.
2. High-density coreThe boards owe their strength to the high-density composite core based on limestone. In many cases, the boards and tiles can be applied directly to the existing surface (e.g. over old tiles) – either floating with a thin underlay or glued. SPC boards are thin, making them the ideal solution for renovations. Our Vinyluxe and Aqua Click Tiles have a thickness of just 4 mm.
3. Superior surface of SPC boardsSPC products are available in many different sizes and designs. Our range includes both faux-wood and faux-concrete Aqua Step boards. Thanks to the surface structures and high-definition films, you can hardly distinguish them from real natural boards and tiles. But there’s more! The vinyl surface offers enhanced protection against wear and scratches thanks to its tough, transparent wear layer. Another advantage: SPC floors are warm and noise-absorbing.
4. SPC is ideal for every climateSince the boards are 100% waterproof and offer good resistance to both hot and cold, SPC is the ideal product for any room. The boards do not warp or deform, and shrinkage is kept to a minimum.
5. SPC is easy to installSPC tiles and boards are very easy to install thanks to their strong and easy to connect four-sided click system. Unlike ceramic tiles, there is no need to contact an expert for the installation. You don’t even need any special tools: simply cut them with a Stanley knife and break them like gypsum boards. So you can easily set to work yourself. SPC is also compatible with underfloor heating, making it an excellent choice for homes and offices. Keen to find out more about SPC and underfloor heating? Then read our blog post explaining whether SPC vinyl or PVC flooring can be installed with underfloor heating.
6. Fire retardant SPCSPC floors are fire-retardant and can withstand temperatures of up to 75 °C for short periods.
7. SPC is sustainable and environmentally friendlySPC products are 100% recyclable and do not release any harmful emissions. The production process is circular, it does not generate any waste, and it is emission-free and therefore clean. Moreover, it does not require the use of formaldehyde. As a result, by choosing these boards, you also do your bit for the environment!
8. Cost efficiencyThe superior properties of SPC floor and wall boards are available at a much lower price than alternatives such as PVC and LVT products. And since they’re so easy to install, SPC boards are the ideal choice for professionals and DIY enthusiasts.
Do you still have questions or do you need advice? Then do not hesitate to contact us!